This site and its survey/questionnaire are administered by 83bar, LLC (“83bar”) on behalf of Axogen Corporation (“Axogen”), for your health information and education purposes. By utilizing the site and agreeing to receive information, communications, and/or contact, as applicable, you are agreeing to this Data Use Policy and the terms below.
As you navigate this site and communicate with us electronically, you may be asked to disclose certain health and personal information through surveys and/or questions, so that you may receive appropriate health-related services and informational materials. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your health and personal information via this site, please review the following information about how we collect and use such information.
Communications, and/or contact may include emails, text messages, phone calls and/or voicemails. At any time, you may choose to stop receiving communications by informing us via email, text or verbally via phone call.
You may expect at least 1 and as many as 15 total automated text messages, unless additional messages are requested. Message & data rates may apply. Reply STOP to cancel future communications.
Voicemails do not include personal health information shared by you via this site or by telephone unless such information has been requested.
Personal information may include data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, email address, or telephone number, and health information may include data involving your medical records, conditions, history, prognosis, and health interests/goals. Your health and personal information shall be collected, maintained, stored, and protected in accordance with all applicable data privacy and security standards, including as applicable the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The following examples illustrate the ways in which 83bar (or when appropriate, Axogen) may utilize your personal and health information obtained through this site:
- Verifying your identity to ensure all communications are secure and confidential;
- Responding to your inquiries or requests;
- Delivering web-based information, products and services to you, including that which may be relevant or helpful based on your answers and feedback through surveys and questionnaires (you will always have the ability to “opt out” of any such communications or programs);
- Using your information for internal business purposes or analytics, including to analyze a specific patient population or evaluate patient programming.
- To that extent your information is subject to HIPAA privacy and security standards (for example, if at a later time you choose to receive services from Axogen), disclosures of your information may also be made for HIPAA permitted purposes including the core health care functions of treatment, payment for care, and health care operations. HIPAA also permits information use and disclosure without the individual’s authorization for certain public policy and benefit purposes, such as in cases of emergencies, court orders/subpoenas, law enforcement purposes, or clinical research, with specific conditions and limitations applicable to such uses and disclosures.
Your personal and health information will not be collected unless you provide it voluntarily through this site. In some cases where required by law or regulation, or if the information you provided has changed, you may update your information by sending us an e-mail or by updating your profile online where applicable. Under no circumstances shall 83bar or Axogen use your personal information to sell to third parties without your authorization.
Please note that 83bar and/or Axogen may engage other parties to carry out the activities described above and, in such cases, will contractually require any such third parties to maintain appropriate data privacy and security safeguards to protect your personal and health information. (For example, under applicable HIPAA standards, any third party shall be required to enter into a Business Associate Agreement and comply with specific data protection obligations.)
- Develop and show more relevant content to people who may be interested in the products, services or causes of Axogen.
- Serve relevant ads on platforms such as Google or Facebook.
- Limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
- Measure the performance of ad campaigns across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
- Gain insights about the people who visit our website and/or view our digital materials.
By visiting our website, you acknowledge that you accept and consent to our privacy practices as well as those of Google Analytics, Facebook pixel or other products referenced in this policy.
Rights under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective January 1st, 2020 California residents have the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to access (and obtain a copy of, if required) the categories of personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to know what information is being collected about you, how it is being collected, how it is being used and to whom the information is shared.
- Right to delete. You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information that was provided by you in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Right to know if your personal information is sold, to whom and to say no to the sale of personal information. As stated above, your personal information will not be sold to third parties without your authorization.
- Right to not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
Data Use Policy Revisions
This Data Use Policy may be updated or revised periodically. When updates are made, the version date located at the bottom of this Policy will also be updated accordingly to reflect when revisions have been made. It is advisable to revisit this page and reread this Policy to see if any revisions may affect you. This Policy is not intended to, and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Last Update: 10/29/19
are you a candidate?
Answer these questions to see if surgical nerve repair is right for you.